Come Work With Us!
Integrated Packaging Machinery Is A Progressive Company
IPM is a progressive, employee-owned company in Rockford, Michigan. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Flex Spending, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(k), and an ESOP. Please see our current list of open career opportunities below and click to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently seeking to hire an internal IT professional to directly oversee our organization’s information technology strategy. As our IT Manager, you will be responsible for working with our extended information technology team to achieve goals, provide cost- effective solutions, and ensure daily operations. This position provides technical support and assistance with the organization’s computer networks and systems towards our zero-downtime initiative.
- Budget development.
- Oversee IT strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage computing systems software.
- Perform routine software maintenance.
- Document all IT related task and procedures per policy.
- Provides technical support identifying, investigating, and resolving users’ problems with computer software and hardware for problems specific to the organization’s computer networks and systems.
- Acting as a subject matter expert internally for security tool sets.
- Performing security assessments and making recommendations.
- Designing, maintaining and training incident response procedures.
- Collaborates with extended IT team to explain errors and/or recommend modifications to systems and networks.
- Manages software or hardware lifecycles with extended IT team.
- Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
- Coordinates with managers and users to identify systems problems; assesses severity of the issues and prioritizes responses as appropriate.
- Performs system tests and collaborates with employees to resolve issues and errors.
- Works with users to identify system requirements; develops processing procedures and systems modifications to meet these specifications.
- Uses structured and cost analysis to identify and recommend updates to the current network and computer systems.
- Drafts informational materials and graphics to explain systems to managers and users.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical staff and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior understanding of computer and networking hardware and software systems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn a broad array of networking and systems hardware and software.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL and SQL Server.
- Certifications in Microsoft VMWare preferred.
- Certifications including CompTIA Security, Certified Ethical Hacker, CISSP or CISM preferred.
- Familiarity with Rockwell software a plus.
- Familiarity with EPICOR software a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.
- At least four years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Unwavering Integrity
- Servant’s Heart
- Ownership Spirit
- Continuous Innovation & Improvement
- Approachability - Easy to approach, puts others at ease. Displays sensitivity and patience. Good listener.
- Communication - Shows an understanding of the need to initiate or respond to information in an appropriate, timely and complete manner. Oral and written communications are usually acceptable, being both comprehensible and appropriate.
- Compassion - Cares about fellow employees. Shows concern for work and non-work problems. Is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate. Willing to help when someone has a problem.
- Composure - Able to handle the unexpected. Able to stay calm. Seldom gets rattled in high stress situations. Responds well during tough times.
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidence and respects client and individual privacy. Truthful and trusted by others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively investigates new perspectives and opportunities and pursues training and development opportunities. Completes training required and applies key learning. Meets the job's required standard.
- Innovation - Uses original thinking. A good facilitator of brainstorming sessions. Competently projects how innovative product ideas will play out. Open to creative ideas. Can usually convince people that creative ideas are going to work.
- Perseverance - Uses a variety of ways to get things done. Seeks new ways to solve problems even when the first way isn't effective.
- Technical Support - Provides effective technical support that allows for the day-to-day operation of the business, and servicing of its clients.
- Use of Technology - Uses technology proficiently to accomplish tasks and optimize performance. Is proficient in workplace systems.