INTEGRATED PACKAGING MACHINERY IS A PROGRESSIVE COMPANY
IPM is a progressive, employee-owned company in Rockford, Michigan. We offer Medical, Dental and Life Insurances, Short/Long Term Disability, Flex Spending, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(k), and an ESOP. Please see our current list of open career opportunities below and click to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
This newly created position will develop and work with a newly created department of Electrical Journeyman. This person will manage projects and participate with proposal writing, concept and technical design of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Plan and design electronic products and systems
- Direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, regulatory testing, operation, application, installation and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems
- Develop Apprenticeship Program for internal team according to State requirements
- Problem Solving
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- AutoCAD experience
- A minimum of 5 years related experience
- Master Electrician Certification preferred
IPM has a fast-paced environment and individuals who can prioritize multiple responsibilities and get things done would do well here. This individual is excited about automation, thrives on solving problems, enjoys working with others and is detail orientated. Previous experience in a packaging industry is a plus.
This position will require travel within the US.
Full-time Exempt Position
The Mechanical Designer position provides design support to new and existing customers by developing engineering solutions for conveyor systems, case packers, robotic palletizing cells, custom vision systems and End of Arm Tooling (EOAT) as needed. This position also provides support for shop floor assembly, testing, integration, and installation.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes AutoCAD and SolidWorks in the design of equipment and conveyor systems
- Designs product solutions to meet customer’s unique application needs
- Ensures exceptional Customer Care with consistent and timely follow up
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with Mechanical Engineering team members and others in the organization
- Strong Product Engineering Capability and Expertise
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Takes Initiative “Owns” Projects
- Effective Communication Skills
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design
- Occasional overnight travel required on a quarterly basis.